If you want to manage your multiple code snippet, Analytics tags in Google Tag Manager, then this article is for you. This is a WordPress tutorial for beginner in which we will help you how to add Google Tag Manager (GTM) in WordPress.
What is Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager is a free tool provided by Google. GTM helps to manage code snippets and analytical tags of a website without modifying the internal codes.
You can manage all your marketing codes, analytical tags in one place. It is very helpful when you have lots of marketing tags in your website.
According to Google.
Google Tag Manager helps make tag management simple, easy, and reliable by allowing marketers and webmaster to deploy website tags all in one place.
HOW TO ADD GOOGLE TAG MANAGER IN WORDPRESS. STEP BY STEP GUIDE.
Create Google Tag Manager account.
1. Go to Google Tag Manager and click on ‘Start for free’ and sign in to google tag manager by your google account.
2. Now click on ‘Click here to create an account’ to create an account in GTM.
3. Fill your information like company name, country etc. In Container Setup fill your website domain name and choose ‘Web’ in target platform option. Now click on Create button.
4. Now Google Tag Manager will show you the terms of service agreement, accept the terms of service agreement and click on ‘yes’ in upper right corner.
5. Now Google Tag Manager will give you two code snippet which you have to paste in your WordPress.
6. Copy the upper code and go to your WordPress dashboard.
7. In WordPress dashboard, under settings click on “Insert Headers and Footers”.
8. Paste your first code in “Script in Header”.
9. Copy second code from Google Tag Manager and paste it in “Script in Body” and click on “Save” to save your changes. Click on ‘OK’ In Google Tag Manager.
Google Tag Manager will now create your account and you can see your account’s dashboard. It would look like this.
That’s all you have successfully added the Google Tag Manager to WordPress. If you have any problem please ask us by comment.
You can also tweet your problem on Twitter and tag us. We will help you personally and will embed your tweet here below the article. Our Twitter handle is @realtechandbio.
You may also like.